Tours can be booked via the online registration form.
FULL DAY CAPE POINT TOUR
- Drive along the scenic Atlantic seaboard coastal road.
- We pass the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay.
- See the 12 Apostles Peaks.
- We see Hout Bay and the Sentinel.
- Optional visit Seal Island (own account +/- R105) or shop for souvenirs at the craft market at the harbour.
- Chapman’s Peak.
- Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, home to ‘fynbos’, wild animals (like Cape Mountain Zebra, baboons and several species of buck and birds).
- We’ll stop for lunch along the way (own account).
- Optional funicular to the lighthouse (own account +/- R90).
- Drive through Simons Town and see False Bay and the Indian Ocean.
- Visit Boulders Beach to see the African penguins (own account +/- R180).
- Stop at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens before returning to your hotel.
Half day morning Cape Town City, Noon gun & Table Mountain TOUR
- Coastal drive through Camps Bay, Clifton and Sea Point.
- Drive past Cape Town Stadium and through the V & A Waterfront.
- See the City Center and Greenmarket Square.
- Walk through the Company Gardens.
- Drive past Houses of Parliament, City Hall, the Castle and Slave Lodge.
- Visit brightly colored Bo Kaap Malay Quarter to hear about the interesting history of this area.
- Join the fascinating Diamond and Tanzanite experience at Jewel Africa. Discover the secrets of Diamonds, Tanzanite and other authentic African Treasures. You will be dazzled by the diamond tour where we learn about the history of these sparkling gems.
- Ascend Signal Hill and witness the firing of the Noon gun (except Sundays and Public Holidays). Apart from the excitement of hearing and seeing the cannon fired, you will find out why this cannon is here and what it is used for, while enjoying spectacular views of the city, Cape Town Stadium and the whole of Table Bay. This is a great photo opportunity!
- We continue to Table Mountain cable station. Table Mountain is one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. You have the option of admiring the views from the lower cable station or you can purchase your ticket (+/- R370) to reach the summit (weather permitting). A variety of food and refreshment options are available for purchase, both at the lower cable station and on top of the mountain. After enjoying spectacular views with your guide, you will be returned to your hotel, or you can stay on top of the mountain and make your own arrangements to return to your hotel.
Half day afternoon Winelands tour
- Experience a wine and cheese tasting and a cellar tour.
- Drive through the historic town of Stellenbosch while your guide points out all the famous places and tell you interesting facts.
- If time permits our guide will choose a second estate for another wine tasting before heading back to your hotel.
INCLUDED: 1 wine and cheese tasting and a cellar tour and a 2nd wine tasting is included should time permit.
Full day Whales & Wine tour
- There is no guarantee that Whales will be sighted although our guides make every effort to find the best viewing point.
- The scenic coastal Clarens Drive offers spectacular views of False Bay.
- We arrive at the quaint holiday town of Hermanus.
- Search the cliffs of Walker Bay for whales.
- There may be an opportunity to join boat-based whale watching (for own account +/-R900 to +/-R 1000) and subject to availability and weather.
- Our tour continues into the beautiful Hemel en Aarde Valley (Heaven and Earth).
- Bouchard Finlayson Wine Estate for a wine tasting (no wine tasting for children under 18 years).
- Relax with a cup of tea (own account) at a farm stall where you can find natural preserves, jams with a difference, and delicious pastries.
- We return over Sir Lowry’s Mountain Pass and enjoy the views of False Bay.
XL MILLENNIUM CONFERENCE & EVENT MANAGEMENT
LOGISTICS & CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
Linda Benwell – Project Director
Jacqui Bonello – Conference Coordinator
Marcelle Swart – Delegate & Registration Management
Copyright © 2020. XL Millennium Conference & Event Management